Experience the world by gifting stories instead of stuff.
Giving gifts is tough and these days it always seems so impersonal to give gift cards. As great as it might be to just book someone an experience, it’s hard to know their schedule and what they might like, that’s where Tinggly comes in.
Keep reading to learn about Tinggly and the sailing experience on Lake Windermere that they gifted us!
Table of contents
This site is user-supported and that’s why we use affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, we get a little bit of money when you purchase something through one of our links. Thank you for helping support ethical, sustainable, and plant-based travel! You can read more about our affiliate disclosure policy here.
What is Tinggly
Tinggly is essentially a way to give an experience gift card for a variety of adventures that the recipient can then choose between and book on their schedule and wherever their travels may take them. There’s no expiration date and there are a variety of different boxes tailored to different events like couples getaways, foodie experiences, solo traveler adventures, and more. Plus, there are experiences worldwide which makes it the perfect gift for the traveler in your life. You can see all of the experience and getaway box options on the official website.
How It Works
So how does Tinggly work?
- Head to the website
- Choose between “Experience Gifts” for solo travelers or for couples and “Getaway Gifts” for one night or two nights
- Let’s say that you’re getting a birthday gift for a friend so you might choose an Experience Gift for a solo traveler. Once you navigate to that part of the website, you’ll see all sorts of gift box options from “Give Stories, Not Stuff” to the “Experience the World” box, to destination-specific boxes, adrenaline junky boxes, and more with prices ranging from £45 to upwards of £300
- Purchase the box that best fits your budget and your recipient’s personality and in just a few days they’ll receive this little box (pictured below) in the mail telling them what they’ve received and how to redeem their experiences, not to mention Tinggly’s sustainability initiatives are on point (more on this below!)
- The experiences available in each box closely reflect the price of the box so your recipient won’t have the pay anything out of pocket unless they want to upgrade their box
Sailing on Lake Windermere
Jack and I, as the recipients of the “Experience the World” box (gifted by Tinggly) were able to choose among hundreds of different activities. At the time, we were in the Lake District so decided on a private sailing experience on Lake Windermere with a skipper. The box comes with a code and instructions to easily select and redeem the voucher with any of the available experiences and we were able to select and book our sailing experience without a problem.
Jack and I called our skipper, Ian of Sailing Experiences Windermere, the day before to confirm, and the next day we met him at a dock and were off! We had an absolutely amazing morning on the water and Ian was even nice enough to let us climb all over his boat and go in and out of the dock to get some drone footage (you can see our video content and vlogs on our Youtube channel).
Since we weren’t the ones sailing, we didn’t need a boating license, but in some countries you might!
Tinggly & Sustainability
One of our favorite parts about Tinggly is their commitment to sustainability.
“All our gift boxes are produced from fully recycled materials and are printed using eco-friendly inks. Plus, for every gift experience – even a couple of laps in a high-performance sports car – Tinggly will offset CO2 carbon emissions by a whopping 200%. In addition, Tinggly will remove 11lbs (5kg) of plastic from the planet’s rivers, lakes, and oceans. Find out more about our commitment to making a positive impact on the planet here on our sustainability page.”
So whether it’s a graduation, wedding, birthday, or Christmas, save the wrapping paper and the struggle of finding a gift that you hope won’t just be regifted and go with a Tinggly experience. This is truly something that we loved doing and a company whose values we support. We’ll definitely be gifting Tinggly experience gift cards to our friends and family from now on!
Make Money With Tinggly
Do you run your own blog and want to share Tinggly with your audience? Join the Tinggly affiliate program to make a commission on sales that your audience makes (at no extra cost to them).
Lake District Essentials
If you’re heading to the Lake District, you’ll need a waterproof jacket, hiking boots, and a few other essentials like National Trust and English Heritage memberships (they pay for themselves with free parking). Check out our recommendations below.
What Camera Gear Do We Use?
- Camera body: Nikon d750
- Prime lens: 35mm f/1.8
- Wide-angle lens: 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 FX
- GoPro: GoPro Hero 8
- Drone: DJI Mavic Air is no longer available so we recommend the DJI Air2S
- Camera Bag: Wandrd Prvke 31L
- Tripod: ESDDI Aluminum Tripod