England is a country that I always look forward to visiting. As Jack’s home, we do get to visit frequently, but yet every time it continues to surprise me. Whether you visit in winter, spring, summer, or fall, England won’t disappoint!
Language in England: English
Currency in England: Pound
Best Payment Method in England Contactless and card
Transport in England: Train, local public transport
Phone Plan for England: EE for data around Europe and UK (pay as you go) (affiliate)
England Visa Needed: Check to see if you need a visa for the UK here (affiliate)
- Holy Island and Lindisfarne: Tide Times and MoreA place called Holy Island has gotta be pretty, well, holy, right?! In the case of Holy Island and Lindisfarne, it certainly lives up to its name. But irrespective of your religious beliefs, this sacred ground, which can be found in Northumberland (near the Scotland/England border), provides ample reasons why it should be on your… Read more: Holy Island and Lindisfarne: Tide Times and More
- Punting in Cambridge: Which Company Should You Book?What’s a trip to Cambridge without a punting tour? In this guide, we’ll do a deep dive into recommendations for your punting in Cambridge experience, including the best tour companies, what you should expect to pay, and where to book your experience. Keep reading to learn more. What is Punting? A punt is a form… Read more: Punting in Cambridge: Which Company Should You Book?
- 4 INCREDIBLE Accommodations in Saltburn by the SeaQuaint fisherman’s villages, ocean view for miles, and viewpoints that rival Positano. Saltburn by the Sea has long been a favorite weekend trip for Jack, and when we visited in early March, it was instantly a hit for both of us. The areas of Redcar and Cleveland are easily explored in a few days if… Read more: 4 INCREDIBLE Accommodations in Saltburn by the Sea
- The EASY Way to Access Cathedral Quarry in the Lake DistrictAre you ready to discover the best Lake District Cave? It’s a big claim to make, but it’s hard to beat Cathedral Quarry’s impressive tunnels, stonefall, and mighty cavern. The Cathedral Caverns in the Lake District can be tricky to find, so be sure to read the directions below and watch the video before you… Read more: The EASY Way to Access Cathedral Quarry in the Lake District
- 11 AMAZING Things to Do in WhitbyMade famous by Captain Cook, Dracula, and a smuggling history, there is no shortage of incredible things to do in Whitby, a gorgeous coastal town in North Yorkshire. Keep reading to discover eleven must-see attractions in Whitby! Looking For Something Else? Where to Stay in Whitby Because Whitby is a relatively small and very walkable… Read more: 11 AMAZING Things to Do in Whitby
- 21 Vegan London Restaurants and Eats You NEED to TryFish and chips, sausage rolls, pie and mash – and that’s just the first course! In the past couple of years, London has become one of the best cities in the world for vegetarians and vegans alike. There are so many vegan London restaurants that it can be overwhelming to try and narrow down all… Read more: 21 Vegan London Restaurants and Eats You NEED to Try
- 10 Easy Lake District Walks You NEED to TrySometimes you just don’t want to spend your Lake District holiday sweating and swearing as you try to find your inner mountain goat. That’s why we put together this guide to the best easy walks in the Lake District. In this guide you’ll find waterfalls, pubs, tarns, wild swimming opportunities, and more importantly, some of… Read more: 10 Easy Lake District Walks You NEED to Try
- Don’t Make This Mistake When Visiting Rydal CaveNestled in the heart of the Lake District is Rydal Cave, and while the cave is relatively easy to access, it seems to be yet another gem of the Lake District that hasn’t quite been discovered by the masses. In this guide to Rydal Cave and Rydal Water, you’ll learn everything you need to know… Read more: Don’t Make This Mistake When Visiting Rydal Cave
- 7 EPIC Lake District Photography SpotsThere’s no shortage of incredible photography spots in the Lake District. From mountains with tarns to the greenest valleys and darkest caves, the options are endless. Keep reading to discover seven of the best photo spots in the Lake District! 1. Humphrey Head This is probably our favorite secret photo spot ever. We’ve only ever… Read more: 7 EPIC Lake District Photography Spots
- 11 AMAZING Attractions in the Lake District & WindermereFrom hidden caves, private sunsets, and insane hikes, the attractions in the Lake District are plentiful and suitable for all types of travelers. In this guide, we’ll explore the essential things to do in the Lake District for your best trip ever. Keep reading to learn more! 1. Water Sports on Lake Windemere Boating, kayaking,… Read more: 11 AMAZING Attractions in the Lake District & Windermere
- 12 INCREDIBLE Vegan-Friendly Restaurants in the Lake DistrictMango stuffed falafel, crumbly gingerbread, and the ultimate salad – all to be found in England’s surprisingly vegan-friendly Lake District restaurants! Keep reading to discover the Lake District’s best vegetarian and vegan-friendly restaurants and cafes! The Pheasant Inn We’ve eaten at the Pheasant Inn in the Lake District quite a few times because it’s actually… Read more: 12 INCREDIBLE Vegan-Friendly Restaurants in the Lake District
- Tinggly Review 2024: Is This Legit!?It sounds a little too good to be true. You’re basically buying a gift card for experiences that gets sent in a nice little box for the recipient to open. They can then choose their experience. Oh, and pretty much everything is carbon offset. Umm, where has this been all of my life? Is Tinggly… Read more: Tinggly Review 2024: Is This Legit!?
- 19 BEST Staycations in the UK to Book TodayReady to feel like you’re headed to the Mediterranean for a beach holiday? Or maybe a cozy cottage nestled in snow covered mountains? Wherever you want your adventures to take you, the United Kingdom can meet your requirements! We asked travel blogs to recommend the BEST staycations in the UK. Keep reading to discover an… Read more: 19 BEST Staycations in the UK to Book Today
- 7 AMAZING Summer Destinations to Visit in England by TrainThe quiet humming of the tracks, the gentle rocking of the carriage, the snotty children touching the shared table. For the most part, train travel is easily one of the most enjoyable, and sustainable ways to travel and to see the United Kingdom. Keep reading to discover the seven best places to visit in England… Read more: 7 AMAZING Summer Destinations to Visit in England by Train
- 6 Short Stay in London Apartments for EVERY BudgetLondon is an AMAZING city but it’s certainly not cheap, especially if you’re looking to have a space to yourselves with some options for cooking. Whether you’re headed on an international trip, or you live in London and are looking for a stay-cation option, these short-stay apartments are the way to go. Keep reading to… Read more: 6 Short Stay in London Apartments for EVERY Budget