If you know someone with a soft spot for the rich and wonderful culture of bonnie Scotland, and would like to treat them to a gift (or gifts) that you know they’ll absolutely love, straight from the highlands themselves – stay tuned!
Whether it’s a personalized gift, gift voucher, gift experience, or just generic Scottish gift ideas, we’ve got you covered – regardless of your budget! Get ready for the 10 perfect gifts from Scotland…
Table of contents
- Wonderful Scottish Gift Ideas They’ll Love
- 1. A Bookshop.org Gift Card
- 2. Irn Bru Candle: Hand Poured, Vegan Friendly, Sustainable, & Cruelty Free
- 3. Scottish Highlands Full-Day Harry Potter Tour From Edinburgh
- 4. Edinburgh Underground Vaults Tour
- 5. Handmade Genuine Scottish Sea Glass Necklace
- 6. White Water Rafting and Cliff Jumping in the Scottish Highlands
- 7. Tartan Cuff Bracelet Scottish Plaid Personalised Bangle
- 8. West Highland Lochs, Mountains & Castles from Edinburgh
- 9. Scottish Sayings Mug
- 10. Loch Ness: Urquhart Castle Round-Trip Cruise
- Pin Perfect Gifts from Scotland
This site is user-supported and that’s why we use affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, we get a little bit of money when you purchase something through one of our links. Thank you for helping support ethical, sustainable, and plant-based travel! You can read more about our affiliate disclosure policy here.
Wonderful Scottish Gift Ideas They’ll Love
Treating our loved ones to Christmas gift ideas, Mother’s Day gift ideas – and everything else in between – can be a challenge, especially if you don’t know what it is that makes them tick!
However, if you know their heart belongs in the beautiful country of Scotland (whether figuratively or literally), you’ll want to cater to this!
So, with this in mind, we’ve put together a fab list of amazing (and cruelty-free) Scottish gift ideas they’ll absolutely love. So, without further ado, let’s delve in…
1. A Bookshop.org Gift Card
There’s never been a better time to support local, indie traders, so why not treat the bookworm in your life to a gift card from Bookshop.org?
The great news is, Bookshop.org gift cards start at £5 and go all the way up to £500, so you are well-catered for, regardless of your budget; allowing the recipient full control over the purchase (they can choose from new releases, fiction, and non-fiction, etc). You can even add a personal touch by including a personalised message with the gift card.
Here are a few quick details about Bookshop.org Gift Cards:
- All gift cards are digital only and must be sent to a valid email address.
- If you want the card delivered on a specific day, for example the recipient’s birthday, enter the date in our order form and we’ll send it to them in the morning of that day.
- Bookshop.org Gift Cards are valid for two (2) years and have no hidden fees.
2. Irn Bru Candle: Hand Poured, Vegan Friendly, Sustainable, & Cruelty Free
Irn Bru is the ultimate quintessential Scottish commodity if ever there was one, so why not treat your loved one to a hand-poured (and fully sustainable, vegan-friendly and cruelty-free) candle in the shape of a can of Irn Bru?!
If you’re worried your loved one won’t fully appreciate an Irn Bru-scented candle, fear not! This candle comes in a huge range of other scents including, black cherry, bergamot, cinnamon, citronella, rose, sandalwood, jasmine, and much more.
The best part? This gift also supports local indie traders and can be found on Etsy.
3. Scottish Highlands Full-Day Harry Potter Tour From Edinburgh
- Price: £££
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Not recommended for: wheelchair users, travelers with back problems, or travelers who are unable to carry children under 5 on tours
If you really want to splash out and treat that Harry Potter lover in your life, then this Scottish gift idea will win you some SERIOUS brownie points!
They’ll get to view the scenic sights of the highlands by riding on the famous Jacobite steam train (AKA, the Hogwarts Express!), which includes food and drink, Wi-Fi, and full COVID-19 safety precautions.
4. Edinburgh Underground Vaults Tour
- Price: ££
- Duration: 1 hour
- COVID-19 Precautions: Yes
- Free cancellation: Yes, cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Sticking to the Edinburgh location, a great excursion for a loved one is the underground vaults tour in Edinburgh, which lie beneath the city’s Old Town, and dates back as far as the early 18th century. Edinburgh is known as one of the most haunted cities in Europe, so a tour of the vaults will likely be a spectacularly spooky experience for all lovers of the land of high!
The tour comes with a knowledgeable guide, who’ll fill you in on all the ghostly, witchy, and murderous happenings of the vaults from yesteryear. This gift from Scotland isn’t for the faint of heart or claustrophobic!
5. Handmade Genuine Scottish Sea Glass Necklace
- Price: ££
- Pendant height: 3/4 Inches
- Materials: Glass, Silver
- Style: Minimalist
The perfect gift for a Scot-loving special lady in your love, this genuine Scottish sea glass pendant is dainty, delicate, and seriously stunning.
Crafted from sterling silver and genuine sea glass sourced from the shores of the highland, this beautiful pendant comes in an array of colors, such as seafoam, forest, light blue, green, aqua, cornflower, cobalt, white, lavender, sage, olive and amber, and also comes in various sizes.
Gift options also include the item being gift-wrapped and the chance to include a personalized message.
6. White Water Rafting and Cliff Jumping in the Scottish Highlands
- Price: ££
- Exclusions: Wetsuit booties (can be hired for £2.00 per person)
- Not recommended for: Pregnant travelers, or travelers with back problems
- Recommendations: Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Looking for Scottish gift ideas for that daredevil in your life?! If so, this adventure should get that adrenaline pumping!
Your loved one will be able to view the beautiful Scottish Highlands from quite the vantage point. During the trip, the recipient will meet white water rapids up to grade 4/5 and discover 8 kilometres of the most beautiful river of Scotland; the Findhorn. Around lunchtime, which will also happen on the river, they’ll have the opportunity to do some optional cliff jumping from 5 to 30 feet. Professional photographs are also available on the day.
Read More: 6 Jaw-Dropping Scotland Gift Experiences
7. Tartan Cuff Bracelet Scottish Plaid Personalised Bangle
- Price: £
- Materials: Silver
- Adjustable: Yes
- Style: Celtic
Nothing screams Scottish imagery like a flash of tartan, but if your loved one isn’t quite ready to don a kilt just yet, why not treat them to a handmade personalized tartan bangle instead?
The bangle comes in up to 17 fabric options, including Blackwatch, Cameron, Royal Stewart, and Flower of Scotland, and is adjustable and made to order.
8. West Highland Lochs, Mountains & Castles from Edinburgh
- Price: ££
- Not recommended for: Children under 4 years old
- Wheelchair accessible: Yes, removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Read More: The BEST 5 Day Scotland Tours From Edinburgh
Few sights compare to that of rural Scotland, so if you want to indulge your loved one in the ultimate Scottish experience like no other, why not opt for this 9.5-hour fully-guided West Highland lochs and castles day trip from Edinburgh?
- Full-day tour of the West Highlands’ lochs and castles from Edinburgh
- Visit Stirling Castle, Loch Awe, and Kilchurn Castle
- Travel deep into the Scottish Highlands, home to the mighty Arrochar Alps
- Admire the tranquil lakes and soaring peaks of the Highlands in Glen Ogle
- Food & drink
- Air-conditioned vehicle
9. Scottish Sayings Mug
- Price: £
- Free shipping: Yes if to a UK postcode
- Material: Ceramic
Lovers of the Highlands may be partial to a bit of Scottish banter or slang, so what better way to remind them of some of Scotland’s best-loved slogans than a mug covered in some of the classics?
Perfect for gift-buying on a budget, but guaranteed to draw a smile, this mug is handmade, with the print fused into the glaze to give long-lasting clarity of colours and design.
10. Loch Ness: Urquhart Castle Round-Trip Cruise
- Price: ££
- Free cancellation: Yes
- Duration: 50 minutes
- Free Wi-Fi on board: Yes
- Not suitable for: Travellers with mobility impairments/wheelchair users.
Every lover of Scotland will want to tick Loch Ness off of the bucket list, so a great way to do that is with a cruise from Clansman Harbour to Urquhart Castle and back. With this gift from Scotland, they will be able to relax with a drink and snack from the onboard bar as they glide across one of Scotland’s most famous lakes – and who knows, they may even be able to get a glimpse of Nessie via the onboard sonar…
Oh, and if your loved one wants to bring a canine companion, that’s absolutely fine, as dogs are welcome on board!
Scotland’s culture and heritage are so rich and plentiful that anyone in your life who has a soft spot for this stunning country is spoiled for choice as to wonderful Scottish gift ideas. Whether it’s a physical gift from a local, independent business, an exciting Scottish experience – such as a memorable day out – or a gift voucher, we hope this list has helped you on your way to treating your loved one to the ultimate Scottish gift idea they’ll cherish for a lifetime!
More Scotland Posts
- 10 Best Destinations for Romantic Couples Breaks in Scotland
- 6 Jaw-Dropping Scotland Gift Experiences
- 10 Dreamy Scotland Romantic Getaways for Couples
- 15 INSANE Fun Facts About Scotland You Need to Know
- Puffins in Scotland: Where, When & How to See Them
- 5 Highland Tours From Edinburgh to See the BEST of Scotland
- The BEST 5 Day Scotland Tours From Edinburgh
- 10 Unusual Edinburgh Gift Experiences They’ll LOVE
- Isle of May Boat Trip: Read This BEFORE Seeing the Puffins
- Top 10 Splurge-Worthy 5 Star Hotels in Edinburgh
- 10 PERFECT Gift From Scotland
- 12 Gorgeous Bookshops in Edinburgh You NEED to Visit
- 15 STUNNING Rooftop Bars in Edinburgh
- 10 FANTASTIC Edinburgh Walking Tours
- How to Photograph Scotland: From Highlands to Cities
- 10 Quirky Edinburgh Hostels You’ll LOVE Staying In
- 10 Day Scotland Road Trip Itinerary for an EPIC Adventure
- Rabbies Scotland Tour Review – Black Isle
- Where to Stay in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Vegan Edinburgh & Beyond: AMAZING Restaurants You NEED to Try
- Beautiful Scotland: Photo Spots You NEED to See
- Top 10 Things To Do in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Heart of Scotland Tour Review – 3 Day Edinburgh to Isle of Skye Bus Tour
And as always, you can find more sustainable travel content on Instagram @VoyagingHerbivore, Youtube, and TikTok and to get updates straight to your inbox, enter your email below in the footer, or to the right on the sidebar.
If you found this guide helpful and want to help us keep these resources free,
please consider making your next Amazon, Expedia, Hostel World, Etsy, and Booking.com purchase through our links (just click right on those words – you can do it right now and unless you clear your cookies before your next purchase, it will remember). It costs you no extra and gives us a small commission. Thank you!